Equal Opportunities Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy
Fizzypig Ltd (hereafter referred to as FP) recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity.
FP welcomes on an equal basis everyone who shares and upholds its aims, to enter its membership and take part in its activities.
FP aims to promote equality in all areas of its operation, including:
- employment practices
- organisational practices
FP is actively opposed to discrimination on grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, political belief, or religion (please see Equality Act 2010).
NB For the purposes of this document FP directors, volunteers, employees, members, self-employed contract workers and others representing FP will hereafter be referred to as ‘personnel’.
FP aims to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All personnel and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all.
- Selection for employment/volunteering, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
- All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- All personnel will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- All personnel have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to (Wendy Lomas – FP Director).
FP is commited to:
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our personnel and beneficiaries are recognised and valued.
- Creating an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities that are available to all personnel.
- The knowledge that equality is good management practice and makes sound business and moral sense.
- Implementation and Communication
Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to
disciplinary proceedings or membership disqualification.
This policy is fully supported by the board but it’s successful implementation depends on the awareness and commitment of all personnel.
FP will communicate awareness of the Equal Opportunities Policy through the following means:
- Copies of all policies will be emailed to all personnel new and old
- A list of policies will be posted on the website (www.fizzypig.org) and the documents will be available by email.
- All personnel will be reminded that they must confirm with this policy on a regular basis.
This policy will be reviewed by the board, every 3 years or when there are changes in legislation.
Issue number: 02
Revised and agreed by the Fizzypig Ltd board of directors: Mar 2014